WHAT IS COCO COIR?
Coco coir, derived from coconut husks, is a versatile and sustainable plant-growing medium. It comes in various forms such as bricks, fibers, and peat.
Known for its superb water retention and aeration properties, coco coir benefits plants by providing moisture even during dry spells and preventing waterlogging. Its pH neutrality suits a wide range of plants, and its sustainable sourcing supports eco-friendly gardening.
Additionally, its resistance to diseases and pests promotes healthier growth. Whether in hydroponics, container gardening, or potting mixes, coco coir enhances plant vitality and root health.
It also has low a EC (Electrical Conductivity) level and a high CEC (Cation Exchange Capacity).
WHAT IS YOUR PROCESS OF MAKING COCO BLISS?
We source our coconuts from various places that are far from the ocean. Typically they would end up in landfills.
After the husk is immersed in water for 6 weeks, the fiber is extracted mechanically, and the pith is left behind stored in heaps to age. After that we sift out rocks and other debris multiple times to insure we have the best consistency.
We then rinse it at least three times in fresh water to remove any excess salt content before compressing it into easy to handle bricks.
HOW MUCH WATER DO YOU NEED TO ADD TO A 250 GRAM BRICK OR COCO COIR?
A common ratio for rehydrating coco coir is around 5:1, which means for every 5 parts of water, you would use 1 part of dry coco coir.
However, it's important to add water gradually and observe the expansion of the coir. You want to achieve a fluffy and well-aerated texture, so you may need to adjust the amount of water based on the specific coir you're using and the desired consistency.
Keep in mind that the quality of coco coir and its water retention capacity can vary, so it's a good practice to monitor the expansion and moisture content as you add water to ensure you achieve the right balance for your plants' needs.
For a 250 gram brick of coco coir, you might consider adding approximately 1.25 liters (about 0.33 gallons) of water to rehydrate it. Tt could potentially expand to a volume of approximately 1.25 to 1.75 liters (about 0.33 to 0.46 gallons) when fully rehydrated.
Coco Bliss Brick-250gm
Plantonix does not use harsh chemical washes and steaming that destroys the naturally occurring benefits in coco coir. Plantonix coco coir is fully washed multiple times with fresh water to attain extremely low EC levels and to reduce the risk of salt buildup in your soil.
Coco Bliss Benefits
- Explosive root formation and increased plant vigor
- Very low EC levels
- High cation exchange capacity (CEC)
- Superior water holding capacity
- Ability to retain nutrients against leaching and to buffer supply
- Slow breakdown of materials means product will not shrink during your growing cycle
- Re-wets easily and reduces watering frequency without plant stress
- Has superior water holding capacity allowing for excellent air space and drainage
- Can be used soil amendment for potted plants, containers and gardens and is a sustainable alternative to peat moss
- Easier to hydrate and lasts longer in soil than peat moss, all the while not destroying natural peat bogs
- Helps break up hard clay soils so that nutrients can be used more efficiently
- Potting mixes
- Hydroponics growing medium
- Seedling nurseries
- Horticulture and floriculture applications
- Indoor and outdoor home gardening
- Amending clay soils
- Worm bedding
|Unwashed available upon request
|special order only
|3.4 liters/ .89 gallons/ .12 cu ft
Directions for use
Tips: The warmer the water, the faster and easier is the expansion.
Do not use hot water over 100 degrees Fahrenheit
Premium Coco Coir
Plantonix coco bliss is a premier growing medium and is the best natural alternative to peat moss with a neutral pH.
COCO BLISS BENEFITS
Why Plantonix Coco Coir is Blissful
Plantonix coco peat is free from dirt, foreign material and weed seeds. We screen our washed raw material to remove dirt and larger lumps to get a superior texture.